Black Forest Cake
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes (Total Time 1 Hour 30 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 16
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
- 1 can (21 ounce) Cherry Pie Filling, Drained
- 1/4 cup Kirsch (Cherry Brandy)
- 1 tub (8 ounce) COOL WHIP French Vanilla Whipped Topping, Thawed, Divided
- 1 square BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, Coarsely Grated
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Prepare cake batter as directed on package. Add dry pudding mix; beat until well blended. Pour evenly into 2 greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans.BAKE 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes; remove from pans. Cool completely on wire racks.MIX cherry pie filling and kirsch in medium bowl. Reserve 1/2 cup each of the cherry mixture and whipped topping for garnish; spoon remaining cherry mixture evenly over one of the cake layers on serving plate. Spread 1 cup of the remaining whipped topping evenly over the cherry mixture; top with second cake layer. Spread 1-1/2 cups of the remaining whipped topping onto side and top of the cake. Top with dollops of the remaining whipped topping. Garnish with reserved cherry mixture and the grated chocolate. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Store leftover cake in refrigerator.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPSSubstitute Prepare as directed, substituting 1/2 tsp. almond extract for the kirsch.
Substitute Prepare as directed, using regular COOL WHIP or COOL WHIP LITE Whipped Topping.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS