Scrumptious Apple-pecan Cheesecake
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes (Total Time: 5 Hours 40 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 12
- 1 cup HONEY MAID Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 3/4 cup Finely Chopped PLANTERS Pecans, Divided
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon, Divided
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) Butter Or Margarine, Melted
- 2 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 4 cups Thin Peeled Apple Slices
PREHEAT oven to 325°F if using a silver 9-inch springform pan (or to 300?F if using a dark nonstick 9-inch springform pan). Mix crumbs, 1/2 cup of the pecans, 3 Tbsp. sugar, 1/2 tsp. of the cinnamon and butter; press firmly onto bottom of pan. Bake 10 minutes.
BEAT cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating on low speed after each addition just until blended. Pour over crust. Mix 1/3 cup sugar and remaining 1/2 tsp. cinnamon in large bowl. Add apples; toss to coat. Spoon over cream cheese layer; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup pecans.
BAKE 1 hour and 10 minutes to 1 hour and 15 minutes or until center is almost set. Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Size It Up
Enjoy a serving of this rich and indulgent treat on special occasions.
For best results, use firm apples, such as Granny Smith or McIntosh.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS